1. What are the key dates?
- Last date for submission entries: February 15, 2017
- Jury Sessions: February 2017
- PAS Awards 2017 Event: Saturday, April 15, 2017
2. How much is the entry fee?
|One or more than one campaign submission across any category (regular or special)
||Rs. 32,500 per entry (exclusive of all taxes)
|Single campaign submission in Multiple categories
Rs. 32,500 for the first entry (exclusive of all taxes)
Rs. 18,500 for subsequent entries (exclusive of all taxes)
|Submission Fee for Platform Awards
||Rs. 12,500 for first entry (exclusive of all taxes)
3. How can I enter?
- Log on to our website (www.pasawards.pk) and go under ‘how to enter’ section for details.
- Identify the category specific to your campaign from the Award categories.
- Submit online entry at https://pasawards.secure-platform.com
- Review the checklist before submitting your entry.
4. What campaigns can enter?
Any and all marketing efforts, whether full campaigns or unique efforts that commercially ran between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2016 in Pakistan are eligible to enter.
5. Who can enter - Clients or Agencies?
Anyone can enter with a campaign. We encourage that clients and agencies should work in tandem to enter the competition.
6. Can two companies enter the same work?
No. Clients and agencies should jointly make a submission.
7. Can I submit work that has already won at another award?
If your campaign has won PAS Awards previously, then it is not entitled to enter again. However, if your campaign has won an international award, you may enter the same campaign to PAS Awards 2017, as long as it falls within Jan-Dec 2016 qualifying period.
8. Can one campaign be submitted in multiple categories?
Yes, PAS Awards 2017 encourages a single campaign to be entered in multiple categories. There is no restriction
on the number of categories. You can also submit execution elements of a single campaign in another relevant special category. For e.g. digital leg of a 360deg. campaign can be submitted in Best in Digital category. Similarly, print part of the same campaign can be entered in Best in Print. So on so forth.
9. In case of multiple submission, do I simply clone and submit the case?
Please ensure that after cloning you customize your submission making it relevant to the category it is being submitted in. Many cases have been disqualified on this basis.
10. What is the difference between Campaign of the Year and Top Brand Award?
In Top Brand the judges evaluate the entire marketing and communication efforts that was carried out within the year. It is not just a single campaign. You have to enter a separate submission to compete in this category.
For Campaign of the Year, it is restrictive to only one effort. Entrants do not have to specifically make a submission in this category, all the winners of regular categories qualify for this award.
11. What is the difference between Campaign of the Year and Best Nationally Originated Campaign?
In Campaign of the Year all efforts, whether local, regional or global can compete. In contrast, in Best Nationally Originated Campaign only local ideas are rewarded.
12. Do we have to make a separate submission for Campaign of the Year and Best Nationally Originated Campaign?
No you don’t have to make a separate submission. All campaigns entered in regular categories automatically qualify for the award.
13. How does the award programme ensure confidentiality of the written material submitted?
The award programme ensures full confidentiality. These are done through the following steps:
- All the judges sign a NDA.
- No written material is handed to any of the jury members.
- Judges with any kind of conflict of interest are not allowed to viewing the entry forms.
14. Can I change my entry after the submission has been done?
Entries once submitted cannot be changed.
15. Can I withdraw my submission?
Yes, you may cancel/withdraw your submission, but not later than January 20, 2017. In case of cancellation of entry, only 50% of the payment will be refunded.
16. Will my entries be returned to me?
The material submitted as an entry to PAS Awards 2017 becomes the property of PAS and will not be returned to the entrant.
17. Who will judge my work?
Your entries are judged by a handpicked panel of experts from Pakistan and around the world. These includes specialists in the field of marketing, advertising, media and academia.
18. What is the scoring criterion?
|Strategic Challenge + Objectives
|Bringing the Idea to Life
19. How many winners are going to be there in a category?
There is only one award per category. However, there can be more than one winner/s in case of ties.
20. Is there a possibility that there is no winner in a category?
Yes. There is a minimum benchmark to qualify each round. There may be a case where the entire category is dropped as no entry qualifies the minimum benchmark. This can happen at any round of the judging process.
21. Can my campaign win more than one award?
Yes, if the campaign is entered in multiple categories, it may win more than one award.
22. When will I know if my work is successful for nomination?
- The result of the screening jury round will be announced on our website (www.pasawards.pk) in the first week of March 2017.
- The results of the final jury round will be announced on the website with top three nominees in each category in the third week of March 2017.
- The winners will be announced at the PAS Awards 2017 show on Saturday, April 15, 2017.
23. When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced at the PAS Awards 2017 Event in April, 2017.
24. In case of Winner, who will receive the trophy?
If your case is a winner, we invite all the partners that have been stated in the credit form to come on stage to receive the award. The trophy can be kept by anyone, however, additional trophies can be personalized with an individual’s name and purchased from the PAS Awards Secretariat. The cost of an extra trophy is Rs. 13,500.
25. What credit would I get as an agency?
Even if the entry is submitted by the client, we emphasize to credit the agency in our credit form. When the nominees/winners are announced:
- agency name is mentioned on all the nominee slide and winner card.
- certificate of recognition to the agencies of the nominees.
- extra customized trophy for the agency, in case the client has kept the trophy.
26. What payment methods are accepted?
Cheque or Pay Order in favour of Pakistan Advertisers Society
is accepted. Cash payments are not accepted.
27. What address do I send my entries and payments to?
The entries should be sent on the following address:
PAKISTAN ADVERTISERS SOCIETY
Office 403, 4th Floor, Clifton Diamond
Block 4, Behind Chase Value Centre, Clifton
Tel: +92(21) 3583 6072‐3
28. Does the award secretariat review all the submissions before presenting it to the jury, so any omissions or deviations that may result in disqualification can be identified and entrants given a chance to correct it?
Due to sheer quantum, the secretariat does not review all the submissions. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that all the rules and guidelines have been followed. We encourage all the entrants to thoroughly review the Entry Kit for making a successful submission.