By the time a PAS Award entry has reached the winners’ circle, it has survived two rounds of evaluation. The lens through which each case is evaluated is effectiveness. PAS jurors seek results with context against challenging goals.
OUR JURY comprises of some of the brightest and most experienced panel of experts, specialists and practitioners in the field of marketing, advertising, academia, creative, media and research from around the world that have a proven track record of excellence in their area of working.
It is led by the JURY CHAIR, who is not involved in scoring any entry but monitors and ensures that the judging is fair and transparent and that every jury member performs the task with the highest integrity. The Chair is also the final authority in case conflict or decisions pertaining to disqualification or reclassification of a submission.
RECUSE SYSTEM: Any jury member that may have any kind of direct or indirect affiliation with the campaign or the brand or any of its competitor is not assigned that category or requested to recuse from judging the entire category.
Scoring is done individually and confidentially.
|Strategic Challenge + Objectives||23.33%|
|Bringing the Idea to Life||23.33%|
Scoring for Creative Efforts Only
PAS Awards 2018 has a few categories for which results are not required. Judges will evaluate these entries based on the most compelling and unique creative idea and execution.
Being a finalist or win status in the PAS Awards is a significant achievement. Only a small percentage of cases are finalists each year and of these, a fraction are winners.
The judging takes place in two rounds.
Screening Round: Every entry is reviewed by at least 5 to 7 judges. All entries scoring 70% and above are shortlisted, qualifying for the final round.
Final Round: This round evaluates all the shortlisted entries. The top three campaigns/marketing efforts form the nominees.
The winner will be announced at the PAS Awards event to be held on 14th of April 2018 in Karachi, Pakistan.
Judging Campaign of the Year
These awards represent the single best case entered in a given year.
Only a select number of the highest-scoring winning cases are considered contenders for this title.
Note: A category may produce no finalists, if no case meets the minimum cut-off criterion. Similarly, a category may have one or more winners or perhaps no winners at all in a category.
For more details please refer to the ENTRY KIT.
Judging process is highly confidential, audited by an independent third party. Auditors scope includes:
- Observing all jury sessions.
- Maintaining copies of scoring sheets for validating scoring by the Award Secretariat as per defined criteria.
- Inspection and validation of Awards winner announcement cards.
- Taking possession of the sealed envelopes till the day of the award show and keeping in safe custody.
- Handing over the sealed winner announcement envelops to PAS management at the Awards ceremony.
Advice From The Jury
- EDIT. EDIT. EDIT. Keep your written form simple, concise, clear and interesting to read.
- Judges will not give more than 15 mins to your case.
- Many entries may be eliminated on writing alone. You can’t write your way to win if you don’t have results, however, you can write your way out of one.
- Really think about your Strategic Challenge and Objectives section – Judges will not appreciate retrofitted objectives to results. Judges can tell!
- Be honest and talk about the real marketing situation.
Reasons for Disqualification
- Agency name, personnel pictures or interviews identifying the agency published in the Entry Form or on the creative materials.
- Submitting an incomplete Entry Form.
- Not abiding by any rules mentioned in the Entry Kit.
- Late Payments.
- Missed Deadline.
Important: The Awards Secretariat is not responsible for checking submissions for any reasons of disqualification. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the guidelines have been followed.